These white chocolate peanut butter cookies are lightly crispy on the outside by chewy in the center. They’re studded with white chocolate chips and are the perfect bite!
😋 Taste and features
- Easy peanut butter cookies
- No dough chilling required
- Packed with peanut butter
🖊 Recipe note
This recipe tastes like a classic peanut butter cookie just with the addition of chocolate! I love how the cookie ends up looking slightly cracked from the white chocolate chips.
🗒️ Step by step instructions
Before you Start: Heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 1. Mix room temperature butter and peanut butter until fully combined. Then add sugar and mix till smooth and then mix in an egg.
Step 2. Add flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix again, scraping down the bowl as you mix. Fold in white chocolate chips to the batter and then roll out cookie balls.
Step 3. Bake for 12 minutes until done! It will look soft but will harden as it cools.
👩🍳 Top tips
- Room Temperature Butter: It’s very important to use room temperature butter as it will help create a more and evenly formed batter and in turn a more evenly baked good.
- Weigh cookie dough: I always weight my cookie dough to ensure that they all end up the same relative size. It helps to make sure that it all bakes evenly.
- Chill cookie dough: If you’re having a tough time with rolling the cookie dough – pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes before rolling it out. You can also use a cookie scoop/ice-cream scoop it out if you’re having a hard time with your hands.
You can add pecans, walnuts or even hazelnuts to add an additional crunchy element to these cookies.
No white chocolate chips? Use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips to make it taste like a Reese’s cookies.
No smooth peanut butter? Use chunky peanut butter!
🧺 Storage tips
- Room Temperature: Store at room temperature in an an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Fridge: Cool cookies and then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Cookie Dough: Roll cookie dough into individual balls before placing them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag. They will be good for up to 3 months but note the date of when it was made on the container! Thaw cookie dough for 20-30 minutes before baking.
- Baked Cookies: Cool cookies completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag and put in the freezer for up to 3 months. They will be good for up to 3 months but note the date of when it was baked on the container! Thaw cookies at room temperature or microwave before eating.
🙋 Frequently asked questions
- Use a cookie scoop/ice cream scoop – make sure that you scoop an even amount
- Roll cookies out by hand – I weighed each ball (55 grams each) so that they all baked evenly
🔎 Related recipes
Cookie lover like me? Below are a few easy to make and always delicious recipes!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour (205 Grams)
- 1 Egg (Grade A Large)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (2 Grams)
- 1 tsp Salt (6 Grams)
- 1 1/4 Cup White Granulated Sugar (250 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter (150 Grams)
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter (113 Grams / 1 Stick)
- 3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips (120 Grams)
- Heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix room temperature butter and peanut butter until fully combined.
- Then add sugar and mix till smooth and then mix in an egg.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix again, scraping down the bowl as you mix.
- Fold in white chocolate chips to the batter.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until baked. The cookies should look very soft when they come out but they harden as they cool.