If you love cake-like and fluffy cookies – these soft double chocolate chip cookies will fulfill all your desires! These homemade double chocolate chip cookies are a breeze to make in the kitchen and don’t require any dough chilling!
😋 Taste and features
- Ooey goey soft and cakey double chocolate chip cookies
- Easy to make butter baked cookies
- Filled with extra chocolate chip cookies
🖊 Recipe note
I love classic chocolate chip cookies as much as anyone but these cookies are my favorite recipe I made (so far)! They’re extra soft and buttery and I ate these for days on after baking them!
🗒️ Step by step instructions
Before you Start: Heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 1. Mix white sugar, brown sugar and room temperature butter for 3 minutes on medium. Next add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture.
Step 2. Sift white flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into the mixture and mix again.
Step 3. Fold in chocolate chips and then scoop out cookies.
Step 4. Bake for 11-12 minutes until slightly soft and let it cool down before eating.
👩🍳 Top tips
- Don’t over mix: Over-mixing will give you tough cookies so make sure you mix just enough to bring the batter together.
- Weigh cookie dough: Before baking to ensure that they all bake in the same size!
- Don’t over bake: In fact, when in doubt under bake as cookies will bake and harden as they cool down!
I used semi-sweet chocolate chips for these cookies but you could add:
- Crushed nuts
- Chocolate chunks
- White chocolate chips
🧺 Storage tips
- Room Temperature: Store at room temperature in an an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Fridge: Cool cookies and then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Cookie Dough: Roll cookie dough into individual balls before placing them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag. They will be good for up to 3 months but note the date of when it was made on the container! Thaw cookie dough for 20-30 minutes before baking.
- Baked Cookies: Cool cookies completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag and put in the freezer for up to 3 months. They will be good for up to 3 months but note the date of when it was baked on the container! Thaw cookies at room temperature or microwave before eating.
🙋 Frequently asked questions
- Use a cookie scoop/ice cream scoop – make sure that you scoop an even amount
- Roll cookies out by hand – I weighed each ball (60 grams each) so that they all baked evenly
- If they’re still too soft I would pop the batter in the fridge for 10 minutes to make it easier to roll out.
🔎 Related recipes
Here are a few other easy and delicious cookies you can check out!
Soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (150 Grams)
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter (113 Grams / 1 Stick)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder (50 Grams)
- 2 Eggs (Grade A Large)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (1.2 Grams)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder (1.2 Grams)
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (255 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar (100 Grams)
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar (150 Grams)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (4 Grams)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (9 Grams)
- Heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar and room temperature butter for 3 minutes on medium.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture.
- Sift white flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into the mixture and mix again.
- Fold in choclate chips and then scoop out cookies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until slightly soft and let it cool down before eating.