Light and airy these easy baked chocolate donuts are the perfect healthy alternative to a fried chocolate donut. The chocolate glaze adds an additional chocolate-y touch to this delicious treat.
😋 Taste and features
- Healthier baked chocolate donuts
- Easy chocolate glaze donuts on top
- Easy to make with no frying involved
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Flour : All purpose flour that has been scooped and leveled, make sure to use a scale to weigh if you want it to be more accurate!
- Cocoa: This will give the donuts the chocolate flavor!
- Sour Cream: Sour cream will keep your donuts moist and also help with the rise by reacting with baking soda.
- Sugar: Brown sugar to these donuts extra moist.
- Baking Soda: To help with the rise!
- Milk: Adds moisture and tenderness to these donuts.
- Oil: This will keep these donuts moist as we’re not frying them!
- Egg: This will stabilize and thicken the batter
🙋 Frequently asked questions
How do you make baked donuts from scratch?
- Make the batter – These easy baked chocolate donuts doesn’t require any butter so there’s no wait time before baking!
- Grease your donut tin before adding the batter into each round.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool before adding the chocolate glaze and sprinkles
- Enjoy! These donuts are a breeze to make and a healthier than a fried donut! Feel free to make a glaze or eat them plain!
How do I pour the batter into the donut pan?
- Pour batter into a large ziplock bag and pipe it into each donut hole
- Use a small spoon to scoop the batter in a little at a time. Just make sure to wipe the sides of the pan down if you happen to drop extra batter to make sure your donuts don’t get distorted as they rise.
🧺 Storage tips
- Room Temperature: Store at room temperature wrapped in an an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
- Fridge: Store donuts in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
🔎 Related recipes
Want to more classic desserts with a fun twist? Here are a few you can try!
Easy Baked Chocolate Donuts
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (180 Grams)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (25 Grams)
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream (81 Grams)
- 1 Egg (Grade A Large)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (200 Grams)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (1.2 Grams)
- 1 tsp Salt (6 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (122 Grams)
- 3 tbsp Oil (41 Grams)
Optional Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream (120 Grams)
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips (170 Grams)
- Heat oven to 350F and generously grease your donut pan.
- Mix all purpose flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, oil and egg into the dry mixture until just combined
- Fill the donut pan 2/3 of the way up as it will continue to rise in the oven.
- Bake donuts for 8-10 minutes until done and cool on a wire rack.
- Dip donuts in glaze and add sprinkles when it is still wet.
Optional Chocolate Glaze
- Add heavy cream and chocolate chips into a bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time.
- Take a fork and whisk until the glaze is smooth and consistent.