You can finally have a delicious cheesecake and brownies in one delicious bite! These brownies are thick, fudgey and with a sweet cream cheese filling swirled on top!
Looking for other brownie recipes? I tested out 3 recipes from a few bloggers to find out the best crinkle top brownies.
😋 Taste and features
- Soft and fudgey brownies with a cheesecake swirl
- Easy to make brownie base
- Chocolate chips on top of the brownies
🖊 Recipe note
This recipe was inspired after testing out 4 brownie recipes to find (what I think) is the BEST fudgey brownies ever! The best part about making homemade brownies is that you get to eat them when they’re out of the oven so they’re soft and gooey!
🗒️ Step by step instructions
Before you Start: Heat oven to 350F and prepare a 8″x8″ inch square pan with parchment paper.
Step 1. Add flour, cocoa powder, white sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt and mix in a large bowl. Then melt 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute until melted.
Step 2. Add melted chocolate to dry ingredients and mix again. Then add eggs in one by one into the batter and then set aside.
Step 3. Make cream cheese swirl by mixing room temperature cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl.
Step 4. Pour brownie batter into the pan and then add the cream cheese swirl batter on top. Swirl the two together with a chopstick or the back of a utensil. Bake for 30-35 minutes until done.
Step 5. Enjoy those delicious brownies!
👩🍳 Top tips
Cream cheese brownies take regular ol’ brownies to the next level with a just a few tweaks! The recipe is pretty straight forward, but if you follow these three tips you’re guaranteed perfect cheesecake brownies!
- Good Quality Ingredients: Meaning, the better your cocoa powder and chocolate chips the better your brownies will taste! I honestly didn’t think it would make a difference until I splurged a few more dollars on cocoa powder and it truly made all the difference!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Make sure you take our your cream cheese block at least 2-3 hours ahead OR you can heat it up in the microwave in 10 second spurts if you’re in a time crunch. If you don’t wait you’re not going to end up with a smooth cheese cake filling.
- Slightly Underbake: I prefer my brownies very fudgey so I make sure I take it out a 2 minutes early and the residual heat will continue to bake them even after taking them out of the oven!
These brownies are incredible on their own but I couldn’t resist adding in a few additional dark and white chocolate chips on top! If you’re feeling extra decadent – some crushed nuts added to the batter would be a delicious textural element!
🧺 Storage tips
- Room Temperature: Store at room temperature in an an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Fridge: Cool brownies and then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: Cool brownies completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag and put in the freezer for up to 3 months. They will be good for up to 3 months but note the date of when it was baked on the container! Thaw brownies at room temperature or microwave before eating.
🔎 Related recipes
Here are a few chocolate and cheesecake related desserts if you can’t decide between the two!
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- 8" x 8" square pan
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter (113 grams / 1 Stick)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (170 Grams)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (40 Grams)
- 4 Eggs (Grade A Large)
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar (100 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar (100 Grams)
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (30 Grams)
- 1 tsp Salt (6 grams)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (4 Grams)
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese (225 Grams / 1 Package)
- 1/3 Cup White Granulated Sugar (67 Grams)
- 1 Egg (Grade A Large)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (8 Grams)
- Heat oven to 350F and prepare a 8"x8" pan with parchment paper.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, white sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt and mix in a large bowl.
- Next melt 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute until melted and then whisk until combined.
- Add melted butter and chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix again.
- Then add eggs in one by one into the batter and then set aside.
- Make cream cheese swirl by mixing room temperature cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan and then add the cream cheese swirl batter on top. Swirl the two together with a chopstick or the back of a utensil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until done!