These baked cinnamon donuts with maple glaze are a delicious healthy fall treat that can be eaten for breakfast and dessert! Have two..or even three! They are lightly sweet, not as heavy as fried donuts and a breeze to make! If you want all the donut flavors without the work – try this out!
😋 Taste and features
The best part about these baked donuts is that they’re still light and fluffy without having to fry them!
- One bowl only!
- Light and airy baked donuts (no frying required)
- Bakes in less than 10 minutes – a quick treat to make in a pinch!
- Full of classic fall spices in the batter
Our mixers can take the morning off for this recipe– you don’t need one here!
- Mix Ingredients – Combine milk, sour cream, oil, egg and brown sugar in a large bowl. Then add in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt to the bowl until everything gets combined!
- Pour batter into the pan – You can either pour the mixture with a spoon and carefully fill each cavity (the batter is runny enough so that this isn’t too difficult). Alternatively, you can put the batter in a ziplock bag, cut the tip of the corner off and then squeeze the batter into each donut hole.
- Bake and Cool – These donuts cook super quick but make sure you give them time to cool down before adding the maple glaze.
- Make the Maple Glaze– All you have to do is mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside!
- Glaze the donuts – Dip donuts into the glaze and enjoy!
🧺 Storage tips
This recipe yields a wonderfully moist, tender crumb that stays soft for days.
- Room Temperature: Store at room temperature wrapped in an an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
- Fridge: Store cake in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
🔎 Related recipes
Want more brunch inspired recipes? Here are a few!
Baked Cinnamon Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Donut Pan
Baked Cinnamon Donuts
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120 Grams)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (65 Grams)
- 1 Egg (Grade A Large)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (I used 2%) (123 Grams)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream (61 Grams)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (27 Grams)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (120 Grams)
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (60 Grams)
- 1 tbsp Butter (14 Grams)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Baked Cinnamon Donuts
- Heat oven to 350F and grease donut pan.
- Mix oil, milk, egg, brown sugar and sour cream until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter into donut holes and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once donuts have cooled, dip them in the maple glaze. To harden the glaze you can place them in the fridge afterwards!
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in the microwave.
- Mix powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter until combined and set aside.